In celebration of National Small Business Month (May), The UPS Store is launching #SmallBizSalute an initiative celebrating small business owners in cities across the country. As an extension of The UPS Store’s commitment to the small business community, the Small Biz Salute campaign rewards entrepreneurs for their hard work and gives them an opportunity to network and support each other, through special events and celebrations that bring small business owners together.
In an effort to facilitate the link between small business owners, The UPS Store is launching the month-long campaign to give entrepreneurs in several of the nation’s top small business cities – Minneapolis, Nashville, Phoenix, Houston – special opportunities to make meaningful connections with other entrepreneurs in their communities and gain valuable advice from small business experts. Several local businesses will be selected to pitch business to a panel of judges; one business owner will walk away with $5,000 to help grow their small business.
I was provided the opportunity to use the UPS Store for this event. I created a lovely business card for my Web Design and Social Media Management services. The UPS Store provides many great templates as well as an easy-to-use format for all your printing needs. It’s easy-to-use and affordable. Want to give it a try? Then leave a comment below for a chance to win a $25 gift card from the UPS Store to try for yourself.
How to Participate in #SmallBizSalute
- The UPS Store will be hosting events to provide small business owners with the opportunity to meet and network with other owners in the area, as well as offering the chance to compete in a pitch competition to win $5,000 to grow their business. The Minneapolis event is May 4th, 6-8pm at the Minneapolis Event Center located at 212 2nd Street Southeast, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
- The pitch competition will give contestants 3 minutes to pitch their business to a live audience and a panel of judges and explain how an investment can help grow their business. The best pitch will win $5,000.
- Contestants can apply online prior to the event. Full rules, eligibility, and the submission form can be found here.
- Use The UPS Store promo code SALUTE25 for 25% off their entire online print site.
About The UPS Store #SmallBizSalute
- Nationally, The UPS Store will be encouraging people to “salute” their favorite local small business owner by giving them a shout out on social media with #smallbizsalute. The goal is to celebrate and recognize these local SBOs in our communities.
- As an extension of The UPS Store’s commitment to the small business community, the Small Biz Salute campaign recognizes small businesses for their hard work and gives them an opportunity to network and support each other.
- The UPS Store believes that Small Biz Salute is our chance to take a moment to pause, recognize and celebrate small business owners, who do so much for our local communities and economies.
- With more than 4,500 locations nationwide, The UPS Store is committed to helping small business owners everywhere launch and grow their business every day.
- The UPS Store locations are locally owned and operated. The stores are not only run by small business owners, but are there to support local startups, entrepreneurs and small businesses, help solve their problems and connect with their peers.
- The UPS Store can serve as resource and provide small businesses with unique product and service offerings that help them run their business.
- Leave a comment below describing how you’d use your $25 UPS Store gift card, what would you make?
- Share this post on social media.
- Winner will be chosen by May 15th.